Sunday, January 31, 2010

Mentor sub-map

Ultimately this incomplete PLE fragment will be filled out, edited down and form a part of a single image map of my Gasfitting Trade learning space. Placing it here in chunks as they are created because:
nature of net content to release versions (functional or not) to stay "on radar" in a short attention span environment (See Dreaming in Code) [no links, please look it up yourself]
want to feel like I'm making progress by publishing Something frequently for the purpose of both keeping it flowing and to not have an impossible single image to wrestle with in the final week. Tempted to speculate on the whole notion of Completion: someone else can do that

As for the web as a learning space. I don't do well here in these little windows. They are too constricted and "nowhere" when they scroll off screen. I like to see the whole of a notebook or text I'm trading so I can locate myself. I have a terrible sense of direction and living on the Prairie means I have none of the above-the-horizon landmarks I navigate by.

Back with more map ASAP.
Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment