Monday, February 21, 2011

What is this for?

To have a digital identity one needs a blog or a URL. It's a home for the ghost that is yourself on the net. A resting place. When wandering and commenting at the blogs of others needs reflection it becomes a space that is yours. Other voices are welcome here but they become guests. Here I am the different being-ness of my own place. The host not the guest.

To quote (and not have to explain because this is my place): >"It happened at a meeting between an Indiancommunity in northwest British Columbia and some government officials. The officials claimed the land for the government. The natives were astonished by thye claim. They couldn't understand what these reletive newcomers were talking about. Finally one of the elders put what was bothering them in in the form of a question. "If this is your land," he asked, "where are your stories?" He spoke in English, but then moved into Gitksan, the Tsimshian language of his people--and told a story."<

If I hold myself here long enough a presence will emerge? Maybe, the presence of being just ever slightly less temporary.

Scott

2 comments:

  1. Ha Scott, you are a places man? some people are connected to places, like the indian in BC and farmers in my country. Some people are not connected to places, they wander and just live somewhere. I am from a family of boatsman. We are never connected to a place, members of the family living all over the world even in BC. Does this difference imply something?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My brothers are scattered to the world, I have remained near my place of birth. My ancestors arrived here several generations ago. I like being connected to my place, and I enjoy travelling. Not sure what that implies.

    ReplyDelete